Saturday, January 5, 2013

First 3 days of school @ Explorers Edu-Place

2nd Jan 2013 - 35 mths plus

1st day:
She was able to walk into the class and said bye bye to us, but with no expression.
When we picked her up, the teacher told me the following:
- She cried initially, they let her stand at one corner of the room to let her settle down.
- When asked what comes after M, N, she replied something round.
- She almost finished her bread
After we picked her up, we asked if she wants to go to school the next day, she replied "Yes" immediately, so I thought she was doing good, but who knew...........

2nd day:
She requested me to carry her about 20m before we reach the school. When we were 5m away from school, she started crying. She refused to let go of me, therefore the teacher had to carry her in by force. I saw her struggling on the floor with the teacher, the teacher wanted her to say bye bye to me but she couldnt because she was crying hard, so the teacher brought her into the classroom, so that I could be out of sight.
The feeling was so terrible, I started to feel emo for the entire 2 hours.
When we picked her up, she was smiling and the teacher told me the following:
- Cried for 5-10mins
- Finished all the bread
- Coping fine other than language barrier (Teacher spoke to her in English, but no response from her. She asked for more bread in Mandarin and the teacher got her to repeat in English)

3rd day:
Send her to school together with my mother, again requested me to carry her 20m before we reach the school. This time round I rejected her, I told her my mother will be the one sending her to school and I said bye bye. And I secretly followed behind. She was fine until 10m away from school, she started crying aloud and pulled my mother in opposite direction of the school. My mother had to carry her to the door and let the teacher took over. She was shouting "Wo yao ah ma" all the way into the classroom.
This time round my mother was the one feeling emo, I saw her taking out tissue paper to clear her nose.

Explorers Edu-Place has a Facebook account whereby they will only add parents of the current students, they will post photos and videos of what the kids had done in school. It is not real-time update, they will upload the photos usually in the afternoon for the day itself, but I truely appreciate what they are doing, at least parents roughly know what the kids are doing in school everyday.

From Mummy Soh

No comments:

Post a Comment